Birthdays, haircuts and babies!

Well it's been a truly unique week or so! Last weekend we celebrated my Mums birthday with a small party. She was having one of those extra special '0' birthdays. She is the one who always organises the family gatherings, and then mostly is the one who hosts them too. We certainly didn't want her to have to organise her own birthday party, which she would never do, we decided to arrange one for her.  Her partner Mike had been discussing his wish to have a celebration for her for months before the actual day, so we knew we had some time. Somehow those months flew by so quick and we needed to pull our fingers out and get cracking! We knew that being a July birthday an outside event was just not feasible. I told Mike that logistically holding the party at their house, without my Mum finding out would be impossible, and not enjoyable - as they would end up being left to clean up! So I started hunting around for a venue and stumbled upon a gorgeous old building in the main street of Richmond who had function rooms for hire. Of all the places I found to hire, I thought this one was the nicest. I sent the list of places off to Mike and let him review. Within a few days he called to say he had booked the venue I had short listed as my pick of the bunch! Yay! So from there we put together a guest list, and he arranged for the food to be provided by some caterers. I volunteered to arrange the cake as I had not long seen some photos of amazing cakes made by the sister of one of my Playgroup mums. I wanted a cake that was a bit special, and was perfect for my mum, incorporating at least one of her favourite pastimes, quilting or gardening. I decided on a quilt theme and gave the cake maker free run on the design. I can honestly say I was thrilled with the result! I would post a picture up, but so far I haven't seen anyone's photos from the night. 

The night itself went well. My mum had been very very suspicious of Mike in the days leading up to her birthday, and so by the time she arrived at the venue, it wasn't so much of a surprise. Oh well, I just hope she looks back at the night and did let herself enjoy it - just a little bit regardless of this '0' birthday.  The night also produced a massive surprise announcement in the family. It certainly blew me away, but wow! So very exciting! Details TBA later.... 😉

The weekend before the party I did go and have a haircut. I ummed and ahhed over the length for a day or so before the appointment. Finally on the morning if the appointment I decided to go for a short style, similar to what I'd had before. I dug up a photo of what I wanted and took it along to my lovely hairdresser. I was thrilled with the results!!


Here it is on the day I got it done. It looks quite different from the way I style it, but I like both ways. Gosh I'm glad I've got a good hairdresser! I always seem to leave her salon with a smile on my face and happy with the results.

The day after I got the haircut I had a catch up with some girlfriends all planned. My girlfriend Kristy had her second bub back in April and so we wanted to meet little Elaina, and have some cuddles with her big sister Tilly. My other girlfriend Mel brought her sweet little munchkin, Emmylou, who had recently turned 1 year old. The last time the bubs all got together was when they visited me at home when Dylan was just 6 weeks old! How time flies as he's just turned 7 months old!! It was like old times catching up with the girls. Doesn't seem to matter how long we haven't spoken to each other for, we seem to pick right up where we left off and have a great time.  Love those girls!  Here are the bubs...



Bel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

25/52

44/52