Time flies when you're having fun!

Wow! Where did the last few weeks go??  One minute I was enjoying my final week of maternity leave and the next it's practically Christmas and I feel like I've been going to work forever and ever!!

So I went back to work. That first day was torture. I was hoping to sneak out the door in the morning before my weeny boy woke up. Well he probably would have stayed asleep but my hubby decided to get up and bang and crash about the house. So of course Dylan woke up. I had to have some cuddles before I left but I just didn't want to let him go. He waved to me in his daddy's arms as I reversed down the driveway. Tears streaming... Make up running... Not a happy moment. I thought of him numerous time throughout the day, and managed to only ring home once to check up on what he was doing. The couple of photos that my hubby emailed through of Dylan's activities kept me going until it was time to race home. Once home I think I cuddled and kissed him for well over an hour. Poor smothered boy! Ha ha!

I've been back at work now for 3 and a half weeks. I'm happy with doing my 2 days a week. That's enough for now.  I've been called a couple of times now from the manager at the daycare centre Dylan will be going in January for various things. I'm not looking forward to daycare, and I'm not looking forward to increasing my work to 3 days a week. Oh how I wish the clock could be wound back 6 months and I could really enjoy my time off!

I am busily preparing for a great celebration this week. The day is almost here!! Dylan turns one on Friday!! My beautiful weeny boy who keeps growing and learning new things is not a baby anymore. It makes me sad. It feels like no time since he was born. On the other hand it's so exciting to watch him progress. Since I last blogged (forever ago!!) Dylan has learned to commando crawl (21st Nov) and now he's taken his first steps (10th Dec). What a crazy month!  We are having a low key get together of just the grandparents on Friday, as unfortunately the date I wanted to have a little party for him was taken by the annual family Christmas catchup.  I've been baking his birthday cake today and will freeze it so I can ice and decorate it on Friday. I would have baked tomorrow, but I've swapped work days this week so I could attend an important work meeting (boozy Christmas lunch). Somehow when I do get home from work tomorrow I've got to get cooking anyway, as I've been given the task of bringing 2 desserts to the family Christmas catch up on Saturday. It will be a busy few days!!

A couple of weeks ago we had a little party for all the bubs in the mothers group/playgroup as they are all turning one over the past few weeks, and into the new year.  We had a blast and it was great to see them all unwrap presents, eat handfuls of cake and play. I made a birthday cake for them, and decided it would be my trial run for Dylan's actual birthday cake. I'm pleased to say it went down well and looked pretty good for a novice baker!









Comments

  1. Don't worry ... he's still a baby for a while yet ... and by the time he isn't you're bound to have a new little bundle to cuddle ;0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

25/52

44/52