37/52

Wow! Another milestone just yesterday.  We decided it was time to finally take the side off Dylan's cot so he could sleep in a "big boy bed".  I know we thought about doing it months ago, and most of his little friends have been sleeping in converted cots or toddler beds for quite some time, but we just didn't feel the need to rush it.  After our successful sleeping on our little holiday a couple of weeks ago, I thought it might be time to sort it out.  We've been chatting about the changes to Dylan over the past week and yesterday afternoon we had some spare time and a flash of motivation. 

Dylan jumped up and down on the bed as soon as the side was off, and he kept getting himself up and down, on and off the bed.  We let him play on it for a while but kept trying to reinforce that he would have to sleep on it last night, and no playing was allowed at bed time.  I kinda dreaded the sleep last night.  I imagined him falling out of bed numerous times, nightmares about "broken" beds, and little visitors during the night waking me.  Bedtime rolled around and he was super excited to be having a "big boy bed".  After finding the right soft toys, matchbox cars, and cuddles and kisses, he was off to sleep without a hitch.  No night time wake ups.  No nightmares, and definitely no little visitors during the night.  I'd call that a pretty successful transition.  My weeny boy is really growing up.

A portrait of my son, once a week, every week in 2015

Joining in with Jodi and Project 52.

Bel

Comments

  1. Wow ... There goes another milestone :0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has the change table been retired as well as the cot side? He looks so pleased with himself! I love that blanket - think I might ask Deb if she'll knit me one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

44/52

25/52