4/52

It seems that lately I really am flavour of the month.  Every time he needs help, or wants something, or feels like a drink or some food, or pretty much anything, we hear "Muuuuuuuum??".  Gosh it's tiring!  He wants me to spend more and more time with him, playing games, or cars, or trains or whatever.  I just am starting to worry a little bit that when this baby comes, Dylan will really start to feel left out and a bit ignored.  Encouraging solo play is about all I can do for now. 

One afternoon this week in between a million household jobs and organising dinner, Dylan and I spent a little while outside playing together.  Somehow, we both managed to score little remote control cars for Christmas this past year.  With our family knowing us too well, they were both little VW beetles, his a sweet baby blue, and mine an old skool white with flashy wheels.  Dylan isn't exactly fantastic at controlling his car and it seems to spend more time running into things or off the driveway completely.  I happily just putt around the driveway and pretend to "park" it at the shops or some other silly place.  It keeps Dylan amused and it's something fun for just the 2 of us together.  We were having such a great time that I ran inside to grab my camera.  So no surprise shots here as he had to line up our cars and remotes and pose for me... fittingly right in front of our real beetle. 

A portrait of my son, once a week, every week, in 2016
Joining in with Jodi and Project 52.

Bel

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

My little bouncer

25/52