7/52

So very very late posting this week.  Its certainly been a big week, and this time, that means an EXPENSIVE one!  We got our new car delivered for starters.  Nothing wrong with my little 12-ish year old hatchback with 1 billion kilometres on the dial, but the people that design cars really have some explaining to do.  The anchor points for the baby car seats are located at the rear of the boot, meaning the straps run diagonally right through the guts of the bootspace.  I mean what parent needs bootspace?? Come on!!  How ridiculous!!  So we could fit the 2 baby seats in the car, but the pram, and any anything else bulky... ummm... strap it to the roof???  So a new car was pondered over for months and months and eventually decided upon.  So far I'm calling it the "art gallery" cos it's just for looking at.  I'm not allowed to take it for drives to the shops or where ever apparently.  I have just 1 more week of work before maternity leave kicks in, and I've been told the new car will NOT sit at the train station all day, so I have to use the old car for now.

Our other ridiculously large expense this week was getting air conditioning installed in 2 of the bedrooms at our place.  These 2 rooms seem to cop all the afternoon sun, and so are very stuffy and hot through summer.  They are also the furthest away from the fireplace, so in winter they are the coldest.  It just so happens that these 2 rooms belong to Dylan and what will be the baby's room.  With the summer heat of late, I've started to feel rather guilty heading off to bed with my nice cool air con in my room.  It's a necessity at the moment otherwise I turn into a big fat angry hot sweaty preggo crazy woman!  So $4000 later, the bedrooms are cool and I don't feel so guilty.

We had a little play in the afternoon sunshine after our first drive in the new car and I snapped this one of a very excited boy.  His crazy hair really needs some attention I think!

A portrait of my son, once a week, every week in 2016

Joining in with Jodi and Project 52.

Bel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

25/52

44/52