11/52

Whoops! There goes another week of maternity leave without much to show for it!  Nothing to report except for the weekly Obstetrician appointment and a play date with Dylan's daycare friends.  A few other jobs crossed off the list, but still haven't really packed my hospital bag.  I'll get there...

I was speaking to one of Dylan's daycare educators the other day.  She mentioned that Dylan had been a bit more anxious lately.  He's been more prone to tears and much more sensitive than his usual self.  I guess all the changes that have happened recently and those that are about to happen may be weighing on his mind.  His routine is definitely a bit out of whack, but hopefully will settle before this new baby arrives. 

As I tire out more easily, my lack of patience with Dylan's tantrums has certainly become more evident.  I just can't put up with it quite as well as I was, and I'm not sure how it will magically get better with the poor sleep of a newborn in the house.  He's still napping in the early afternoons, which generally makes it all a bit better.  But the daycare days, I really don't know if he's having much sleep.  Hubby isn't exactly great with actually remembering to check the daily charts when doing the daycare pick up.  So I usually assume now that he just isn't sleeping on those days and try to get through the grumpy evenings as best as we can.  At least night times are pretty calm.  Once he's into bed for the night, he's pretty much quiet and we don't hear from him again until the morning.  Unless of course a toy is missing, or has fallen out of bed, or he's thirsty, or whatever else!!  Right before bed the other night he was gathering his bedtime brigade for a bit of a cuddle.  Couldn't help but want to take a shot and then join in on the cuddles with Dylan and kitty cat, giraffe, teddy, puppy dog, and sheep!

A portrait of my son, once a week, every week in 2016

Joining in with Jodi and Project 52.

Bel

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

25/52

44/52