36/52

Sunday was another of those difficult days to get through.  It was Fathers Day, the first one since my Dad passed away in June.  I was tired and cranky and I just didn't want to do "adulthood".  In the late afternoon I managed to slip outside with my cup of tea while the boys were both napping and just be on my own.  I sat in the afternoon sun and just wept.  I thought of all the things I'll miss about my Dad.  I still just can't believe he is gone.

I wasn't the only one having a bad day. Hubby had been in a foul mood all weekend, Dylan was being a pain and Tristan has been cranky and out of sorts since Friday morning.  I just couldn't wait for the day to end.

Tristan put me into a false sense of achievement mid last week.  He was napping like a champion, often 2 hours+ at a time, and even the night feeds seemed to be better and less frequent.  He was happy, he began a little grizzle signifying bedtime and he'd be put into bed and out like a light. Friday he decided to become the devil baby. Not sleeping well in the night with constant wakings requiring the dummy to be put back in or rocking and shushing.  Daytime naps just sucked, he decided feeding wasn't working for him and he'd pull off the breast every 30 seconds or so and just screech and arch his back like I was trying to murder him.  I'm sure he had a bit of an upset tummy as he seemed constantly uncomfortable and much to Dylan's amusement he was a bit of a farty pants.  I was pulling my hair out trying to deal with this change when he had been so pleasant earlier in the week.  A couple of weeks ago we gave solids a go on Tristan. Honestly, he just wouldn't have a bar of them.  Everything got pushed straight back out of his mouth plus a whole load of extra dribble.  Yesterday however I think maybe we had a little bit of a win.  I think a tiny amount actually made it down his throat.  There was still plenty that came back out, but we did have a few times where his mouth did actually open as the spoon came near and there seemed to be some swallowing.  Soon enough there was mushy milky pumpkin and rice cereal smooshed everywhere.  I was half tempted to just dunk his hand in the food and let him put it in his own mouth.  Baby-led weaning here we come! Ha!


A portrait of my children, once a week every week in 2016
On Thursday last week I took both boys to the nearby shopping centre to get Dylan some new shoes and look for a Fathers Day present for hubby.  The shoes were relatively straight forward to find, but someone decided to be a fussy boy and for no apparent reason take an immense dislike to most of the shoes we tried on.  Eventually we found some that were given the tick of approval.  Later when we were passing the shoes and of another store, he spied some other shoes he took quite an interest in.  They of course featured his latest "favourite" show, Paw Patrol.  I have no idea how this cartoon has suddenly become the new favourite considering we have never watched it at home and it's not on the ABC 4 Kids app on the iPad.  There were tense negotiations, and eventually he settled on some Paw Patrol socks which I didn't mind buying as he needed new socks anyway.  He's so chuffed with these socks.  I'm sure he'll show them off to anyone who'll listen!
A portrait of my children, once a week every week in 2016

Joining in with Jodi and Project 52.

Bel

Comments

  1. How come the one that doesn't sleep has the brightest eyes, while his mother has suitcases under hers?

    Lovely, smart new socks! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

My little bouncer

25/52