I've got an itch

I've got an itch.... An itch to spend! It's been a few days now and I'm trying to restrain myself. It all kinda hit on Monday afternoon when I was sitting out in the backyard's sunshine with Dylan. He was playing happily and I was on the iPad. There were a couple of things I decided I had to buy. I mean I NEED them! They were practical. They were not wasteful. That's sounds okay? Yes? Good! I agree! The first item on my shopping list was some photo albums. I bought some gorgeous photo albums off a baby products website months ago when I got the first big batch of baby photos of Dylan printed off. Each of the 2 albums held 200 shots, and I filled one album completely and part of the second with just the photos up to 6 weeks of age.  I went back to that website a couple of months ago and they still had the albums, but not in the pretty blue that I already had. I kept checking back on the site every few weeks and the Blue version just wasn't available. No other websites that I would trust  seemed to stock them so I emailed the website late last week enquiring if the blue would become available. A day or so later I got a reply and lucky for me the Blue were back in stock! So I had to order another two just so I know I should have enough room for our favourite happy snaps!

My other splurge was more of a I WANT item... items. But practical. Totally practical! I was recommended some silicone teething jewellery from one of the mums in my Mothers Group months ago. I even requested a couple of pieces for my birthday. But my hubby didn't take the hint seriously and it was forgotten.  As Dylan is teething again, and I always like jewellery, I figured it time to have another look. Well... The pieces I wanted those months ago are on sale!! It would be a tragedy to miss out on stuff that is on sale! And free delivery! I don't mind if I do! So a gorgeous seed bead necklace, and a set of bangles were added to my cart. Yay!

Here we are on Wednesday morning. I was sitting having a cuddle with Dylan at about 8:30am and the doorbell rings! Mr courier man leaves me a parcel. Honestly I was hoping for a surprise... Maybe that bunch of flowers my hubby owes me from his ebay pay day!! Still not holding my breath... It's my jewellery! Yay!  I'd take a photo of me wearing it, but my hair is a mess and I'm not feeling like model material.  So here it is sans model.



The problem is my need to spend hasn't been curbed by today's package. I think it's worse! Shopping online is great, but not quite like being there in store. Dragging an 8 month old to the shops isn't much fun so I'm back to staring at this screen and keep 'adding to cart' before I shut down the browser!  There's a few things I really want to buy but it's in the TOO HARD basket for now. I NEED new bras.. ones that don't have underwire poking out.. ones that are the right size.. ones that are comfortable! I WANT to replant some of my front garden but I just don't have the motivation to get it started. I'd LIKE some new clothes. I don't know what size I am anymore. I know I have a whole lot of my pre pregnancy clothes that just don't fit. It's now kinda in between seasons, so buying winter stuff would be a waste, but its still too cold to look at summery clothes. It's just depressing not having anything nice to wear, but I guess I don't need to look too flash when I spend most of the day at home with baby drool on my shoulder!

I think I should hide my credit card for a while until this urge to spend has passed. Go find a good book and relax!

Bel

Comments

  1. No ... YOLO ... (you can thank the kids for that) .... go spend a bit ... wonder what's happening over at Jimmy Choo ;0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

25/52

44/52