Spring has sprung!

I went back to boxing last week, and once again, come Friday morning I was aching and walking around the house like a decrepit old woman! I'm sure it must be doing me some good, but for now I just feel sore after each session.

We had a bit of an exciting weekend just gone. Saturday I could just see the very edge of Dylan's first tooth on his top gums poking though. I knew they were coming as he's been particularly irritable/dribbly/spotty/ear rubbing/and chewing on almost anything during the past week or so. I could see the gums were a bit red and indentations where the teeth would be since early last week. Sunday morning I take a good look in his gob and lo and behold, the other top tooth is just poking through the gums too! So 2 teeth in 2 days! Go Dylan! Lets hope they ease their way out now without pain or issues - for Dylan or us!

Yesterday was Fathers Day. My hubby got to celebrate his very first Fathers Day. And after a scrumptious breakfast, gifts, and then a delicious lunch, I think he was quite enjoying all the fuss! Dylan did a cute little handprint artwork at Playgroup on Friday, so that was one of the gifts. I had also ordered a coffee mug which had a collage of photos of Dylan on it; perfect for  a proud Daddy to use at work. I didn't get to see my own Dad on the day as we just didn't want to drive all that way for a quick visit. We did end up having to go visit my hubby's Dad after Dylan's afternoon nap.  We stayed as long as it took for Dylan to get a bit over it and finally headed home. 
Here is Dylan's artwork for Dad

Spring has arrived and the calendar has ticked over to September. I wonder where the past few months have gone? I ticked a job off my list this past week that I really wanted to avoid for a while yet. I have now organised the details of me returning to work after my maternity leave ends. I was kinda rushed into sorting it out as my hubby needed it done for his work schedule. My hubby has too many holidays owing to him and was in danger of them forcing him to take the days off at a random date.  The childcare centres we currently have Dylan on the wait list for would not guarantee us a spot when we need it come late November. Some did say they could give us a spot in January, so once the school year has commenced.  My hubby isn't really a fan of having Dylan in childcare, so he will take his holidays spread over many weeks, where he will take care of Dylan on the days I go back to work.  I think it will be great for Dylan to have some quality time with his Dad, and to see just what it's like to look after a bub all day. Daddy daycare will last until we get Dylan into a childcare centre - unless he likes it so much that he decides to go part time permanently! Somehow I can't see that happening! My boss was happy to go along with whatever plans I had for returning to work, so I feel very lucky in that respect. But I just can't bear the thought of going back to work, to the early morning starts, to the train commute into the city.  I like my team, and I enjoy the work I do, so I'm sure it will all get easier. The only thing I am looking forward to is the warmer weather! We've had some gorgeous days in the last week. Warm enough to get out in the sunshine and play!




Bel

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

25/52

44/52