Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, and Welcome to 2014!

Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, and Welcome to 2014!  Seems I forgot to blog for a little while and I miss a heap of events! Its been a very busy few weeks and now suddenly it's the 5th January 2014, and my holiday period is over and I'm back to work tomorrow.  So in brief, here's a recap of the past few weeks....

Happy 1st Birthday my darling boy!! I can't believe he turned One. He was my weeny baby boy just a short time ago and now he's one year old, and so big!!  Here he is all brand new, pink faced and me in shock!


And now one year later in my arms and so big!


He had a big day of opening presents (which he wasn't particularly fond of!), cuddles with some of the grandparents, and cake.  I will certainly look forward to all the exciting times with the birthdays yet to come. Love our little man.  Here's some shots of the fun day!



 










And then there was Christmas!
We had our extended family Christmas gathering the day after Dylan's birthday, so that was another huge day for him.  Christmas Day was lovely, although we could have done without the rain and for it to be a bit warmer.  We had Christmas morning at home so Dylan could enjoy his presents from Santa, and us.  After his morning nap we took off with every other Sydneysider and hit the road. The M5 decided it didn't want to be a motorway, but rather a carpark, so that put a dampener on things just a tad. Although the drive was memorable in another way, I hear this funny little sound and turn around to see Dylan with a big smile on his face and clapping his hands madly! He taught himself to clap! It was just so cute!

Christmas lunch at Kurrajong was great fun and Dylan finally decided the doggies were rather interesting and worth crawling after! We ate and ate and ate.... it is Christmas after all! And again Dylan was completely spoilt by everyone!














And lastly as for New Years... well no one needs to see a pic of my hubby crawling off to bed at 10pm! We had our standard seafood feast, bottle of bubbly and watch the fireworks. Nothing spectacular, but just nice. I'm usually rather melancholy on New Years eve, something about time slipping by and not making the most of it. Maybe I'm just sad another year is over, but this year was different. I was happy! I feel like I've done a lot, and maybe just enjoyed a lot of things this past year. 2013 has been a wonderful year, mostly at home with my baby boy. I look forward to the great times to be had in 2014!!

Bel

Comments

  1. What a year!! Let's have an even better one in 2014!!

    Loved all the photos, did that wee boy love his birthday cake or what!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah! He loved the cake. He's never had such a sugar hit in his life! Ha Ha! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

My little bouncer

25/52