Easter is done and dusted for another year

Well the long weekend for Easter is over for another year. 4 whole days of having my hubby home from work has been great. We got through a few jobs at home that had been lurking around for some time. But best of all was a chance just to relax and enjoy the time off.

We got our first chance to be the Easter bunny to our little man, and boy was it fun!! I can see that these kinds of special days will take on a whole new meaning in the coming years. The excitement leading up to the big day, and then the joy of their excited little faces on the day. So cute! We had a family brunch on the Easter Monday and most of the rellies got to meet Dylan for the first time. He was really well behaved for most of the day even when he started getting a bit overtired. My mum knitted him the most adorable little bunny hat and it was a hit! What a cheeky smiley boy!


Our little bunny boy
It's an overcast day today and I'm struggling with the motivation to do much. I was motivated to go for a walk yesterday and it felt great, but now with the drizzle and the grey skies, I could just crawl up in bed.  But probably best not. I'm still thinking about my little project of a family photo wall and last night I was all inspired to get it going again. I want to create a wall of carefully arranged photos in my hallway. Currently we have just big blank walls all over the house as neither Leigh or I can agree, or have the ability to select or fork out for some artwork. Leigh seems to like beachy inspired art, whether it be a photo or painted. I don't see our house as beachy at all, so I object to his 'boats', 'driftwood', or local beaches. I want something that I can look at and use some imagination. Not abstract art, maybe landscapes or something. Something that doesn't really have a date on it, but could be anywhere.... Anywhere I could imagine it to be. 

One of the other reasons we don't have any artwork on the walls is due to one little, but loud, naughty bird. Our pet parrot, Poppy, is a pain in the you know where! We used to have a frame on the wall in another part of the hallway which had 3 photos of hubby and I before our wedding. Poppy decided that whenever she flew into the hallway that the photo frame must be a new perch for her, so she would land on it. Unfortunately she would never land in the middle of the top of the frame and well... gravity is a b!tch! So our frame has hit the floor quite a number of times and the metal has dented a fair bit. Leigh got so annoyed one day after it fell off the hook one more time that he covered up the hole and painted it. So back to bare walls we were! This time I'm determined to make my photo wall work. It's in a part of the hallway that Poppy doesn't usually go. I have found some frames I quite like and can order them online or go to the store. Online gives me all the size details I need to know for the photos, but not the actual outside frame sizes. So when I try to imagine the layout of the frames I just don't know what will work. So I am thinking of popping up the road today with my little tape measure and pad and pen and record all the details. Once that is done, I can work on some templates at home for the layout and go from there. I'm still not entirely sure what photos to include on my wall, but I have a few I'd like to see. We have some gorgeous wedding shots, honeymoon shots, pre-wedding shots, baby shots of Dylan, and some other random ones I think would go nicely. There's a decent amount of wall to cover so I think I can get quite a few in. 

Well enough procrastinating from me. Best go get off my butt and do something useful even if its not my little project. Pjs and bed hair aren't a good look in the middle of the day! And I'm sure I can hear some dead chocolate bunnies calling my name!

Bel


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

44/52

25/52