The week that was...

It's Saturday morning and its been an enjoyable week so far. My hubby decided to make the most of our Anzac Day public holiday on Thursday and take a couple of days off either side of it. I was happy to have him home and for the support as Wednesday morning we took Dylan off to the doctors for his 4 month immunisation. Dylan was so brave and really didn't cry all that much. I was just happy that he's healthy and a happy little boy.

On Tuesday I had a old work colleague come over for a visit. She brought her gorgeous 7 month old boy with her, while her 4 year old daughter was in daycare for the day. We weren't entirely sure, but other than Facebook, we think we haven't seen each other in maybe 5 or 6 years. We've both kept in contact with different circles of friends from those old work days. I'm glad it didn't really turn into a big reminiscing session as we've both moved on with our lives since we worked together. I left that company back in 2006, and she only more recently left.  

By Thursday it was becoming obviously that my hubby was coming down with a cold, so that's putting a little bit of a dampener on things. The house now smells of eucalyptus oil and I'm trying to keep as healthy as possible as I've got a busy week coming up.  Anzac Day was spent the usual way, watching some of the march and ceremonies on TV. I did keep up my tradition of baking some Anzac biscuits too. I've been doing it for at least the last 4 years.   It was 4 years ago, only 6 weeks or so after hubby and I got married, that I had baked some Anzac biscuits (like all good new wifey types do!). I brought some outside to my hubby who was starting to look at demolishing our garage as the start of our big renovation project. As we were munching away I looked over and noticed a pretty green parrot eying off our bikkies from atop our clothes line. Hubby lay some in his hand with his arm outstretched, and down flew the parrot to greedily accept the biscuit. That was the beginning of our adoption by the parrot who we later named Poppy. Poppy, not for the flowers in the Flanders fields for Anzac Day, although that does sound nice! She was later identified as an Indian ringneck parrot, so she was named Poppadum, or Poppy for short. We had toyed with the name 'Butter Chicken' but didn't think it had quite the same ring to it.


My batch of Anzac biscuits 
I tried to keep up with my cooking challenge last night. I figured being Friday night I could make something a bit different, and better than the standard takeaway options. I cooked up a delicious Pad Thai noodle dish which was gobbled up by hubby. He went back for seconds, so it can't have been too bad! Will definitely make that one again. So now I'm on the lookout for a suitable recipe to continue with my cooking challenge. With the amount of chocolate and sweet things in the house at the moment I think it better be a savoury dish.

Bel




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

25/52

44/52