27/52

There was just so much running around during the last week with making arrangements for my Dad's funeral that I really didn't spend any significant time with the boys and getting photos of them.  I thought about taking photos of them on the morning of the funeral in their little outfits ready to go say "goodbye" to Poppy, but I don't know if I would have wanted to look at those photos much.  The boys have been dragged all over Sydney and everyone has been tired and grumpy and not getting enough sleep.  Dylan has come down with a horrid cold and ended up being sent home from daycare last Friday with a raised temperature.  I feel like I could sleep for a week given half a chance, but little Tristan just isn't very settled and won't get into any long stretches of sleep, day or night, at the moment.

It's a tough time all round, but I'm sure we'll get there.

Tristan having some playtime and enjoying the noises of a crinkly toy.

A portrait of my children, once a week, every week

Dylan looking kind of glum after talking about how much he'll miss his Poppy.  He doesn't really understand it all, but says he's gone to Heaven, up above the stars.  Lots of cuddles needed around here.

A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016
Joining in with Jodi and Project 52.

Bel

Comments

  1. Lots of deep breaths, lots of cuddles, lots of letting go. Grieving takes time. The pain eventually makes space for change and joy. Sending you good energies and courage to get through. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

44/52

25/52