32/52

Last week was a kinda sad one.  We signed the contract for the sale of my Dad's business now that he's passed away.  For a fleeting moment I wondered if I had done the right thing. Should I have tried to run it myself?  A whole new career for me, but just knowing how happy my Dad would have been to keep things going.  The business that he started, met clients and formed relationships.  A heard there were a number of his clients that came to the funeral. I guess he really made an impact on them, he certainly made an impact on me...

A day or two before we signed the contract we managed to get copies of all the photos that were on my Dad's mobile phone.  One was a shot I took for him when he came over to visit the day I got out of hospital after having Tristan.  He was holding Tristan and looking down at him, a proud Poppy.  One of the things I noticed about that shot was the amount of hair Tristan had.  Compared to this week's shot, goodness me he's lost so much hair!
A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016

After an outing we popped into the local bakery to pick up some bread rolls for lunch.  Dylan was so excited to see the decorated "Shortbread men".  Maybe it was the chocolate, or maybe it was the hundreds and thousands that won him over.  Back at home he devoured it, yet still stopping to tell me so excitedly that he'd eaten his man's arm, or leg or head!

A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016

Joining in with Jodi and Project 52.

Bel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

My little bouncer

25/52