40/52

The long weekend came and went.  Hubby was on his annual trip to QLD for VW drag racing, and I was faced with my longest stint at home parenting 2 kiddies on my own.  I will say that I think most things got done in a reasonable manner, but some things I just had to let slide.  Everyone got fed, clothed and bathed and ultimately we survived, although it certainly left me with a feeling of needing some time away on my own.  I just hope that I can organise a few days away before going back to work next year.  I can't see anything happening this side of Christmas as there is just too much going on, not to mention Tristan is still breastfeeding and refuses our attempts at taking a bottle. 

Dylan - We headed up to my Mum's place on the Sunday of the long weekend.  You had a ball.  Whether it was doing puzzles with Grandpa, riding his ride-on mower, walking with Grandma and I to see the cows, or having another sneaky biscuit you just loved the day we spent up there.  There was no way I was getting you to have a nap - it was just GO GO GO all day!  We sat outside on the veranda, and while you were watching Grandma feed the puppy dogs I snapped away at my sweet boy who I can't believe is nearly 4! 

A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016

Tristan - The trip up to my Mum's place was another whole new experience for you.  Not only did you have a nap in the car on the way there, but you got in at least one really good long peaceful nap, and one shorter one.  It honestly made me feel so much more relaxed about taking you places knowing that we can still get you resting.  You were cuddled, and fed, played with and chilled out in the sunshine.  You lay on your playmat with your toys out on the veranda and we stripped you down to your singlet suit.  That sunshine on your little body made you happy, and gave me time to enjoy my coffee and pretend to be human again for 5 minutes.

A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016

How did we get to Week 40 already? 12 weeks to go!!

Joining in with Jodi and Project 52.

Bel

Comments

  1. Love these boys!! And the birthday cake they brought with them . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

44/52

25/52