I take it back!

So as of my last post I said that Dylan seemed back to normal and all was well. Why on earth did I have to open my big mouth??? As of later that afternoon his feeding went to crap again!  For some reason Dylan just decided to refuse his feeds again and be a whole lot more grumpy. We've been thinking it could be to do with him teething, or at least his teeth moving around a bit under his gums causing him some pain and discomfort. Poor bubba! Although it has led to us giving him a new nickname. Gummi bear! Too cute!

The big news that also happened on Thursday afternoon, Dylan rolled over for the first time! He was having some tummy time and enjoying his toys when he leaned over a bit. Gravity assisted and suddenly he was on his back! He was instantly shocked, but super giggly and so pleased with himself.  Let's hope he starts rolling from his back to his tummy soon too!

Friday was Playgroup day again. We had a smallish group of about 8 or 9 mums and bubs. There were a few new faces again, so the word about our group must be getting out there.  A few of the girls volunteered to help out next week with some of the morning tea stuff so that's a relief. It was a nice morning and I hope everyone enjoyed it. At least I know I did!

We have decided that Dylan is ready to start solids. This afternoon we popped out to the shops to pick up some baby spoons, bowls, storage containers and baby rice cereal. I'm sure it will be quite an exciting but messy affair to get him feeding, so I think I'll start one day that my hubby is home. So stay tuned for pics of the first feeds!

I figured I'd better try a bit harder when it came to my cooking challenge so the other night I whipped up a delicious Spanish chicken and rice dish. I found the recipe online and amazingly already had all the ingredients. My hubby was rather impressed - I know this as he definitely went back for seconds!

We've got a busy couple of weekends coming up, so I'm relishing doing next to nothing this weekend. Next weekend is our car club's big show for the year. I haven't missed a show since I first went in 1998. It should be nice to see a few familiar faces (and cars) and bring Dylan along.  The VW Nationals used to have a drag racing event on the Saturday, and then the show n shine on the Sunday. The drag strip at Oran Park closed down quite a few years ago so now they are offering a circuit racing event at Wakefield Park instead. Wakefield is not only a few hours away, but it is always freezing!! My hubby isn't so keen on circuit racing, so won't put his beetle in. There is a drag racing event in a few weeks which he's looking forward to.  Back when the 1/8th mile drags were held we would both put our cars in and have a go. My beetle was probably one of the slowest on the strip, but I had heaps of fun! Not only did we both race, but at least one year my mum, her partner and my aunt all had a go!

Talking about having family fun, here's a cute pic I took from last weekend enjoying a great pub lunch with my brother for his birthday and my mum for Mother's Day.



Bel







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

25/52

44/52