15/52

I *think* we are doing a bit better this week.  We seem to still be have the once-weekly evening/night of total unsettled chaos, but it's certainly better than every night.  Tristan is pretty much sleeping like a little champion at night.  He wakes anywhere between 1 and 3 times for a feed, and these are over within an hour and he is off snoozing again.  I've even had a few nights where I wake up feeling surprisingly refreshed!  Hooray!

Dylan is still testing my levels of patience some days.  I've heard about the regression that might happen when a new sibling joins the family and I guess that's just what's happening.  He craves my attention some days and I just feel a bit sad I can't do more for him.  We've had a few more toilet training accidents lately, but I guess that will return to normal once we get back into a routine.  I try to get him involved with everyday tasks that I'm doing to hopefully make up for the lack of one on one time.  But I will say he just LOVES his baby brother.  He so often comes and helps me prepare all the things for a nappy change, or finding things around the house when I'm stuck on the lounge feeding.  He talks to Tristan and tells me he loves his new baby.  I'm just so happy that Dylan has accepted his little brother into the family so well.

We've had some absolutely stunning weather this past week.  Warm sunny days with cooler evenings.  The only down side of this last burst of summery weather this far into the year is that all the beautiful knitted items Tristan has been gifted haven't had much wear yet.  We did have to test a few of them out though on one cooler day, just so we could coo over how sweet he looked.  Love me a knitted baby item!  I've noticed that in the last couple of days his little milk pimples seem to be clearing up a bit now on his adorable little face.

A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016
Some of this one on one time with Dylan has been the short period during his bathtime.  Any time to just sit, talk, or play is good really. One night this week we just chatted whilst in the bath.  We attempted a shampoo mohawk, but his hair is just too long and his beautiful curls just stood out instead!   I've found that on a few nights when it's time to tuck him into bed, he asks me to sit and just talk to him.  He usually peppers me with random questions; anything to get me to stay just that little bit longer with him.  It's sweet, and as long as there's no screaming newborn, I'm happy to oblige his request for my time.

A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016
Joining in with Jodi and Project 52.

Bel

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

25/52

44/52