16/52

Another blur of a week here.  We've again had our good days and our bad days full of unsettled periods and cranky toddlers.  I think this is the last week that hubby is off work for the new baby, and I'm dreading the reality that faces me next week.  But for now I don't want to focus on the negatives.  What will be will be, and all I can do is try my best.

Yesterday morning I had a little reason to celebrate.  My dear sweet Tristan showed me his first non-gas/non-explosive poo smile!  Beautiful baby smiles are just THE BEST!  He's been getting better at trying to focus his eyes on one thing, and yesterday it was me, and I was certainly rewarded.  He truly is growing up before my eyes! How can we be nearly 4 weeks old already??

A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016

Trying to keep Dylan occupied and involved is still a daily challenge but I hope we are getting better.  Playing outside is certainly something that I want to see him do more of, instead of being inside, playing with cars or worse, the iPad.  So any chance I get we try to do something together outside, even if it's just chatting and retrieving the mail from the letterbox.  With Thomas the Tank engine stickers on his hands, no socks on his feet, we got his shoes on (even on the right feet this time!) and kicked a ball around for a while this past weekend.  Happy boy!

A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016
Joining in with Jodi and Project 52.

Bel

Comments

  1. Gorgeous photo of Tristan! And look how big Dylan has grown! Kisses from Grandma xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

25/52

44/52