22 Feb - An act of kindness

Today's topic for the February Photo a Day challenge is "An act of kindness".

Early this week I got some mail. Not your average bills or junk mail, but 2 lovely thank you cards.  One of them was kinda a-given; we attended some friends engagement party at the beginning of the month. But it's still lovely to receive a little thank you card in the post from them. Certainly nicer than just a "thanks" on facebook!

The second thank you card was from one of my oldest school friends who I keep in touch with.  Elinor was one of my bridesmaids at my wedding nearly 5 years ago. She married her lovely man Steve back in mid December.  They had a small wedding down in the Southern Highlands for just a few family members only. She kept me up to date with her planning and even sent me a sneaky shot of her trying on her wedding dress weeks before the big day!  On the morning of her wedding I sent her a message wishing her well.... and wishing I was there to see her so happy. But I understood that it was meant to be a small gathering. Just 2 days after her wedding, Elinor and Steve flew off to London for their honeymoon and to spend some time with Steve's family who couldn't be with them on their day. 

Accompanying the card was 2 beautiful photos of them on their big day.  So even though we couldn't be with them on their wedding day, and I haven't had a chance to see them since they got back from their honeymoon, their thank you card was a lovely gesture, and very much appreciated.


Bel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34/52

44/52

25/52